Monday 27 May 2019

Corrosion

So we've got this gadget called the DDI (Data Display Interface) which is supposed to tell us all sorts of really cool information about what's happening on the boat with regards to the electrics and stuff.

Anyway, when we bought the boat Grega who did the survey told us that the existing DDI instrument needed replacing so we had that done but for some reason it's always been showing an error even though everything seems to be working correctly.

Cutting a long story short, the CANBUS signals are not correct for some reason and I think that is why I'm getting errors.

Today I went investigating more and found the connectors that I'm pointing at in the first picture have a heap of corrosion. Tomorrow I'll find out but I'm pretty sure the corrosion in those plugs is the problem. Should be an easy fix, just get to them with a wire brush and then spray with WD40. I'll let you know.





No comments:

Post a Comment